Candidate Recommendation Committee
Nominations are now open for the election of members to the Candidate Recommendation Committee.
The Candidate Recommendation Committee is responsible for making recommendations to MTA members to support candidates for state and federal office. Elections will be held to fill seats representing the following congressional districts: CD2, CD4, CD5, CD6, CD7, CD8 and CD9.
Who is eligible to run?
- Any MTA member interested in running for the Candidate Recommendation Committee may self-nominate.
- The committee member must reside in the congressional district to be represented. (Not sure which congressional district you live in? Click here.)
- Terms on the committee are for three years.
- Nomination form and biographical statement of not more than 100 words are due by Dec. 30, 2019 at 5 p.m.
More about the election
- Those eligible to vote for CRC members are delegates to the past year's MTA Annual Meeting of Delegates who reside in the specified congressional district.
- Upon request, candidates will be provided with a list of MTA Annual Meeting delegates for the congressional district, along with names and addresses.
- If the number of candidates is equal to or less than the number of positions to be filled, elections may be waived and the candidates declared elected to the positions in question.
- Ballots including the candidates’ biographical statements will be sent to the electorate on the first Friday in February (Feb. 7, 2020) and must be returned no later than 5 p.m. on the last Friday in February (Feb. 28, 2020).
- The CRC term will begin on March 15, 2020. Members of the CRC are eligible to be elected for two consecutive three-year terms.
- The policy procedure for the election will be mailed to any candidate who requests a copy.