Child Care Stipend Information
To support the MTA’s Annual Meeting attendees who require childcare to attend the meeting, the MTA is now offering an opportunity to apply for reimbursements (up to $100 per family) to help subsidize the cost of childcare.
The deadline to apply to be considered for a childcare reimbursement is April 18.
Eligibility requirements for child care reimbursement:
- Must be an MTA Member registered to attend the Annual Meeting in-person;
- Must have one or more dependents age 12 or under, requiring childcare (arranged by the attendee) to attend the Meeting;
- Only one caregiver per family may apply;
- Reimbursements are not intended to cover routine childcare costs that a member is already paying on a day-to-day basis;
- Must fill out the Child Care Reimbursement Form to be considered;
- Reimbursements will not cover other miscellaneous costs related to childcare, such as meals, travel, and activities; and
- Itemized receipts must include childcare service provider name, dates of service (during the meeting), and amount (total hours) of service.
All receipts and letters of medical need (in the case of dependents over the age of 12 who qualify), will need to be sent to Events@massteacher.org by May 5. A reminder to submit receipts will be sent following the Annual Meeting.