The spring edition including stories about MTA members and their community allies gearing up for two major rallies on May 16 — at the State House and Springfield City Hall — as part of the Fund Our Future initiative. The campaign for full funding of the Commonwealth’s public schools and colleges was a major focus of the recent ESP Conference on Cape Cod, and our Red for Ed moment will be celebrated at the upcoming 2019 Annual Meeting of Delegates. MTA member activism has also focused on the ongoing fight against charter schools in New Bedford and on efforts to battle racism and promote diversity, with ALANA Educators, the Ethnic Minority Affairs Committee and the Task Force on Race playing key roles.
Featured stories include:
- ALANA Educators fight for diversity
- New Bedford charter fight continues
- Educators are ready to rally on May 16
- Higher education funding is front and center
- Coalition reconvenes to weigh school funding lawsuit
- ESP Conference features professional development and union building
- EMAC leads talks on decolonizing the curriculum
- Firestorm over MCAS question forces DESE’s hand
- Locals take action on health and safety issues
MTA Today App
Click one of the links below to download the official MTA Today app for your smartphone or mobile device.