Can't Make it to the State House?
Actions across the state in solidarity with events in the State House will strengthen the impact of our activism. Here are some ideas:
- Join with colleagues before school on the 21st and 22nd and walk in together.
- March 21: Are you faculty, staff or an alumna or alumnus of a Massachusetts public higher education institution or a proud parent of a public higher education student? Then wear your state college's gear or make a state university banner to show your support.
- Post pictures on social media to send the message, "I love my state college and I support the Cherish Act."
- Consider submitting your own testimony in favor of the Promise Act. Be sure to reference the bill numbers (S.238/H.586), include your name and address, and tell your personal story about how passing the bill would change your classroom or school. Go here for an example.
- Wear Red for Ed on Friday, March 22. Post your pictures and messages in support of the Promise Act and Cherish Act on social media.
- Gather your colleagues for five minutes at any time of day and contact your state legislators together. Urge them to support the Promise Act and Cherish Act.
Stay tuned for upcoming days of action, including the Week of April 8-12, Immigrant Rights Day on May 1, and the Red for Ed March on the State House on May 16.