Bargaining Summit 2018
Over the past few years we’ve made important strides in how we bargain contracts and win on the issues that matter to our members, students and communities. The 2018 MTA Summit, which is being planned and facilitated by a committee made up of preK-12 and higher education members and MTA staff, will build upon this important work. Please join us to hear stories, gather resources and learn strategies for how to:
- Go on the offense in negotiations.
- Build our union by strengthening member engagement during negotiations and growing solidarity between bargaining units and locals.
- Incorporate strategies from Bargaining for the Common Good to be bolder and broader in our bargaining demands. Learn more here.
- Organize with community partners and other unions around issues that benefit our students, our members and the community as a whole.
- Break new ground and strengthen the union in the aftermath of the U.S. Supreme Court’s Janus decision.
Bargaining Summit Tracks
The 2018 Bargaining Summit builds upon the work of previous summits and is designed for locals to engage more deeply on bargaining strategies that build our union and our power to win in negotiations.