- Strong and Caring Teacher Presence: A growing understanding of the ways in which our mental models, backgrounds, and experiences influence our daily decisions in the classroom.
- Personalized Relationships: A deeper understanding of cultural and developmental competency, its impact on adolescent learning, and a set of core personalization strategies.
- Instructional Organization: A range of research-based strategies, procedures and routines to support a safe, orderly and cohesive classroom learning environment.
- Engaging and Rigorous Learning Protocols: An understanding of how to incorporate independent think time and purposeful social interaction in ways that foster students’ academic, emotional, and behavioral engagement.
- Unit Planning Structures: A process and structure to organize and design a unit to provide equitable access to a rigorous academic program.
- Academic and Behavioral Supports and Interventions: A core set of Tier 1 universal supports for all students and Tier 2 interventions for those students who continue to struggle in order to close academic gaps and ensure student success for each and every student.
- Restorative and Accountable Discipline: A preventative, problem-solving and restorative approach to classroom discipline that is aligned with the school’s vision to support students’ social and emotional learning and development.
- Collegial Collaboration: A core set of strategies to support effective teaming to collect data on implementation of core practices, a protocol to analyze data trends, and a systematic process to prioritize instructional direction to support teacher practice and student success.