Next Generation Program Information
MTA is pleased to open the application process to MTA members for the Next Generation Leadership Training Program.
This 4-session program will take place via Zoom from 4:00 - 6:00pm on:
- Tuesday, January 12
- Tuesday, January 19
- Tuesday, January 26
- Tuesday, February 2
Please note that attendance at all 4 sessions is required.
We welcome applications from members who meet these criteria:
- Active service members currently employed;
- Have not served as a union officer or executive board member for more than three years;
- Are motivated by an impulse to help build strong, capable, active local associations;
- May or may not have any background as a union activist or activist in other organizations;
- Curious, purposeful, willing to share what you know and learn from others.
Each session will focus on the following themes:
- Assessing the balance of power on issues important to members
- Bringing people together around commonly felt problems
- Designing and carrying out action plans to solve problems