New Member Program
NEW MEMBER PROGRAM
The New Member Program is developed and presented by the New Member Committee – a group of classroom teachers from across Massachusetts (Workshop #2 in the Summer Conference Guide).
Throughout the week, you will work with your peers to untangle the maze of regulations and laws that affect you as classroom teachers, including the rules that guide MCAS, curriculum and the school year. You will have a chance to look closely at case studies, your own local collective bargaining, ask questions of MTA staff and participate in a mock negotiating session.
In 2013, the New Member Program and Summer Conference included workshops on:
- Educator Evaluation & Professional Teacher Status
- Education Policies and Laws in Massachusetts
- Legal Basics for Teachers
- Strategies for Working with Administration
- Collective Bargaining Agreements
AUGUST 3-7 | MTA 2014 Summer Conference | Williamstown
- SUNDAY: 1 – 5 p.m.; DINNER at 6:30 p.m.
- MONDAY: 9 a.m. – 3:15 p.m.
- TUESDAY: 9 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
- WEDNESDAY: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- THURSDAY: 9 a.m. – 12:15 pm
WHO MAY PARTICIPATE?
Program is limited to 40 participants. Full attendance and participation in the program is required as part of the grant. Use program code NewMbr14 to register.Click here to Register
For more information, contact the MTA Training & Professional Learning Division: Ari Mercado, 617.878.8195, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow MTA New Members on Twitter, @MTANewMember.
Photos of the MTA New Members are posted on our Flickr site