Annual Meeting Delegate Duties
According to the MTA Bylaws, ARTICLE IX, DELEGATE MEETINGS, Section 2. Delegates, G. Duties the delegates to the Annual Meeting shall:
- Have jurisdiction over the accreditation of delegates and alternates at the Annual Meeting.
- Adopt the agenda and the rules governing the meetings.
- Elect the President, Vice President, Regional Executive Committee members, the At-Large ESP Executive Committee member, the Statewide Retired Region Executive Committee member, the Board of Directors, the At-Large Director for Ethnic Minority Membership, the At-Large Director for Education Support Professionals, the Statewide Retired District Director(s), and the members of the Candidate Recommendation Committee as is provided in these Bylaws.
- Fill interim vacancies that have occurred in the positions of Vice President, Executive Committee members, Board of Directors, in accordance with Article VII, Sections 2F, 3E, and 4E.
- Adopt the annual budget of the Association.
- Establish the level of annual dues.
- Amend the Bylaws of the Association.
- Act on new business items brought before it.
- Enact all other such measures as may be necessary to achieve the goals and objectives of the Association which are not in conflict with the Bylaws.
- Exercise final authority in all matters of the Association, except as otherwise provided in these Bylaws or by statute.