Meet the 2016 ED Talks presenters
Our 2016 ED Talks presenters are (top row from left to right) Liz Phipps Soeiro, Tracy Sockalosky, Edward Scofield, Rob Powers (bottom row from left to right) Liz Homan, Sue Doherty, Dänika Tyminski and Chandler Creedon.
Eight speakers offered their “ideas worth spreading” at ED Talks: Big Ideas About Education on Monday, August 1 at the MTA Summer Conference.
Our 2016 presenters include:
- Chandler Creedon, school psychologist, union activist, adjunct professor, proud dad
- Sue Doherty, school librarian, English teacher, union activist, former @massteacher board member, kaoroke singer
- Rob Powers, high school social studies teacher at Apponequet Regional High School in Lakeville, @massteacher board member, ed policy wonk, aspiring grill master
- Elizabeth Homan, edtech administrator for Waltham Public Schools, new mom, former (& forever) ELA teacher, blogger, fan of young adult literature
- Liz Phipps Soeiro, school librarian in Cambridge, book_bike founder, Mass School Library Association Legislative Committee co-chair, advocate for inclusive library collections, believes in the power of the citizen
- Edward Scofield, recent @salemstate graduate, barista, geek, motivated, anxious and conscientious
- Tracy Sockalosky, seventh-grade social studies teacher in Natick,@edcampBoston organizer, @USCShoahFdn teacher innovator, mom of three
- Dänika Tyminski, rising sixth-grade teacher, resident of Wendell, Mass., population of 900, former Cali-surfer-turned-paddle-boarder, critical skills master teacher, champion of love
ED Talks 2016 was held in the auditorium at the Integrative Learning Center (ILC) at UMass Amherst. The ED Talks Planning Committee includes Westborough librarian Laura Beals D’Elia and Natick teacher Camille Napier Bernstein. You can view both D'Elia and Bernstein's talks as well as talks delivered in past years at massteacher.org/edtalks.