Commute to Summer Conference
MTA Summer Conference is moving to UMass Amherst. We will be in session July 31 through August 4 with dozens of workshops designed to help you build a stronger local, develop your leadership skills and gain new tools and ideas for your professional practice.
If a stay on campus does not work for you, consider attending as a commuter. The fee for a full day of professional development and networking is $90 ($50 without meals).
Hurry! These fees will rise to $110 ($70 without meals) after Friday, July 15.
Here is a sampling of the workshops available:
- #15 Writing, Presenting and Organizing Support for Grievances (Aug. 1 and 2)
- #45 New Tools: Strategies to Assist Students with Social, Emotional and Behavioral Challenges (Aug. 2)
- #51 Municipal Health Insurance: Bargaining and Strategies (Aug. 2)
- #54 Meaningful Measures of Student Learning (Aug. 2, 9-10:30 a.m.)
- #68 Geocaching 101 (Aug. 2, 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m.)
- #88 Engaging Parents on Their Turf (Aug. 2, 1:45-3:15 p.m.)
- #98 Suicide Prevention: A Gatekeeper Training for School Personnel (Aug. 2, 1:45-5 p.m.)
- #111 Modern Physics in the Classroom: Particle Science from Bosons to the Big Bang (Aug. 3)
- #113 Mindful Practices for Students and Educators (Aug. 3)
- #129 Creating a Trauma-Sensitive Classroom Management Program (Aug. 3, 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m.)
- #136 K-12 Math Shifts: What You Absolutely Must Know as a Math Educator (Aug. 3, 1:45-5 p.m.)
- #155 Professional License Renewal (Aug. 4, 9-10:30 a.m. and other times through the week)
- #168 Differentiated Instruction (Aug. 4, 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m.)
Find the entire list and other information about Summer Conference housing and commuter options at http://massteacher.org/summer.
P.S. Commuters are welcome to attend conference socials and films throughout the week and EdTalks on Monday, August 1, 7:30 p.m.