New Teacher webinars are open to MTA members, or newly hired teachers in districts represented by MTA.
Register Online for 2010-2011 New Teacher Webinars
- Reading in advance of an assigned article -- upon registration, participants will be sent the link to the article.
- Trainer introduction and overview of the session.
- Brief introduction by participants.
- Online PowerPoint presentation with opportunity to ask questions throughout.
- Discussion among participants of content of article and presentation and issues raised by participants -- including breakout sessions and quizzes.
- Guidance from trainer about extending the webinar learning through applications to teaching practices.
School districts should provide webinar participants with documentation using the following guidelines:
- Complete the assigned reading in advance of the webinar and write a reflective essay answering the question, "What did I learn from this reading that I can apply to my practice?"
- Active participation in the webinar verified by instructor.
- Completion of an extending activity from a list provided during the webinar.
For complete descriptions, see our
Webinar Fee: $30
Webinar Time: 5-7 p.m.
Establishing Classroom Routines
November 2, 4
Managing Student Behavior
November 9, 10
Grading Student Work
November 16, 17
Preparing for Parent-Teacher Conferences
November 23, 29
Dealing with Difficult Parents
December 1, 2
Working with Instructional Aides
December 15, 16
Transitions and Sponge Activities
January 5, 6
Rules, Consequences and Positive Recognition
January 10, 11
Reading and Implementing IEPs
January 18, 20
Behavior and Perfomance Conferencing & Contracts
January 25, 27
All registration is done online. Participants will be sent passwords to online offerings and materials. Register Online for 2009-2010 New Teacher Webinars
Please contact Beverly Eisenman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-392-6175 x8362 for answers to specific questions or to schedule any workshop.