Bill would recognize Education Support Professionals
Classified school employees—including paraeducators, clerical assistants, school bus drivers, custodians, food service workers, technicians and craftsmen, custodians, school nurses, and security professionals — provide essential services to America’s public schools and institutions of higher education.
Consider the daily work done by classified school employees. Without them:
- The doors would not open
- The bells would not ring
- Classrooms would not be clean
- Special students would miss crucial one-on-one support
- The phones would not be answered
- Students would go without lunch
- The lights would not come on
- Paychecks would not be issued
Find out who your House member is and contact them here: http://capwiz.com/nea/issues/alert/?alertid=14145306.
Or call their office (Capitol Switchboard: 202-224-3121) and ask them: Will you support H.R. 2377, which may come to the House floor this week?