Teacher Leadership Institute
The Teacher Leadership Institute helps prepare educators who want to play a greater role in shaping the policies and practices that govern teaching and learning in the U.S.
The TLI is a partnership among the MTA, the NEA, the Center for Teaching Quality and the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards. Through the initiative, in 2017, 300 participants from across the country will hone their expertise and engage in leadership work in schools, state houses and associations.
About the Teacher Leadership Institute
Get the " who, what, where, when, how and why" about the national program that readies classroom teachers for leadership roles.
Background on the Teacher Leadership Institute
A deeper look at the institute, the curriculum and the work of program participants.
2017 Teacher Leadership Institute Fellows
- Brian Sylvester – Arlington
- Chaitra McCarty – Barnstable
- Kristen Colavito – Belmont
- Meggin Ball – Dedham
- Elizabeth Correia – Fall River
- Christine Mulroney – Framingham
- Sarah Emilio – Haverhill
- June Gustafson – Hingham
- Manes Pierre – Holyoke
- Jessica Haralson – Malden
- Elizabeth Greenhagen – Malden
- Ann Davis-Allan – Marblehead
- Elizabeth Pruett – Marblehead
- Jessica Smith-Rohrberg – MBCC
- Michael DiClemente – Medford
- William Candler – Middleboro
- Miguelina Hernandez – Millis
- Kevin Cormier – N. Middlesex
- Mary Jane Broderick - Pittsfield
- Lisa Scarborough – Sharon
- Audrey Murph-Brown – Springfield
- Elaine Montouri – Springfield
- Mary Jane Eustace – Springfield
- Becky Harvey – Wakefield
- Nicole Roberge – Wareham
- Andrea Stavrakas – Wellesley
- Alexizendria Link – Worcester
TLI First Face-to-Face Meeting
The fellows recently met at the Hampton Inn in Natick for their first face-to-face meeting. All were eager to begin their journey through the leadership competencies and develop the necessary skills to lead from the classroom.