The MTA Next Generation Leadership Program is designed to inspire and support members to create bottom-up activism in their local associations and chapters.
The primary focus of this training is to learn methods for bottom-up, participatory, inclusive strategies that will broaden the engagement of MTA members in one's own local. It is designed to help participants understand the fundamentals of outreach, recruitment, involvement, strategy development, decision-making, and planning of direct action strategies for empowerment.
The training program is open to all MTA members who are:
- Active service members
- Have not held a union office or are within the first three years of union office
- Motivated to help build strong, capable, active local associations
- Curious, purposeful and willing to share knowledge and learn from others
- Experienced or inexperienced activists, either union or otherwise
Where and When
2017 MTA Summer Conference at University of Massachusetts Amherst
- Sunday, July 30 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Monday, July 31 9:00 am - 3:30 pm
- Tuesday, August 1 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
The program requires commitment for the entire three days.
For more information, please contact Jennifer Freeling, firstname.lastname@example.org or Courtney Derwinski, email@example.com.