Regional Services Consultant
The Massachusetts Teachers Association is currently seeking applicants for the position of Regional Services Consultant. If you are interested in applying, please notify Human Resources in writing.
TITLE: Regional Services Consultant
DIVISION: Affiliate Services
DESIGNATION: FSO Unit
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITY: The Regional Services Consultant will be responsible for the delivery of the full services of the MTA/NEA in the areas for which the Consultant is responsible.
REPORTS TO: Regional Manager
- Ensures the active participation of local associations and their members in the political and legislative activities of the MTA/NEA.
- Pursues active and aggressive program of public relations with civic and community groups and leaders in the Consultant's region.
- Conducts periodic assessments of membership needs and appropriately periodic evaluations of the quality of regional services and recommend to the Regional Services Manager program activities to improve the quality of services to better meet the needs of the members.
- Directs all activities of the MTA/NEA in the event of crises related to collective bargaining, employment security, professional quality, organizational integrity, legal rights, or legislative activity in areas to which the Consultant is assigned by the Regional Services Manager.
- Ensures effective representation in collective bargaining and contract enforcement.
- Implements MTA/NEA policy in the area of the Consultant's assignment.
- Expedites all requests for services of members in the area to which the Consultant is assigned.
- Designs and conducts programs and activities with the appropriate program divisions of MTA/NEA to improve local association leadership development and organizational improvement.
- Pursues an ongoing internal organizing program in locals to which the Consultant is assigned.
- Designs and conducts programs and activities with the appropriate program divisions of MTA/NEA to ensure widespread understanding of the activities of MTA and NEA.
- Works in cooperation with members and staff of MTA/NEA outside of the Consultant's region, if such activities are required to assist the achievement of the goals of the members within the Consultant's region.
- Works in concert and in cooperation with all other members of the MTA staff in the development and implementation of a full service program for the members within the Consultant's region.
- Performs such other duties within the Consultant's areas of responsibility as may be assigned by the Regional Services Manager.
- Bachelor's and Master's degrees preferred.
- Commitment to the goals of the organized teaching profession.
- Effective writer and speaker.
- Collective bargaining experience.
- Organizing experience.
- Evidence of interest in personal professional growth.
- Evidence of ability to function harmoniously with a wide variety of groups and individuals.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and e-mail systems.
- Willingness to travel and to work nights and weekends.
- Experience with or active participation in local, state, and national professional associations.
- Automobile or personal transportation required.
We offer an excellent salary and comprehensive benefits package. To apply for this opportunity, submit your cover letter and resume to:
MTA Human Resources
20 Ashburton Place
Boston, MA 02108
No phone calls, please.
The MTA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value our diverse workforce and welcome applications from minorities, women, and persons with disabilities.