MTA's Division of Government Relations is your primary link with legislative and political activities in Massachusetts. Its many functions include:
- Working with MTA members on the Government Relations Committee to develop MTA's annual legislative program.
- Working with members on MTA's Candidate Recommendation Committee and VOTE (the Voice of Teachers for Education), MTA political action arm.
- Lobbying MTA issues with the legislature, the governor's office and other executive secretariats and departments.
- Working to elect pro-election candidates for the state legislature, constitutional offices, the U.S. House and Senate and President.
The division also provides training for members including:
- Political and legislative action training at the annual summer conference.
- Workshops at county association-sponsored legislative dinners and TASCs.
Consultation with local associations on community and political organizing programs.
Government Relations Staff Directory
Visit our Issues and Action section for more information on MTA's legislative and political programs.