Assistant to the President of MTA Benefits
The position of Assistant to the President of MTA Benefits is currently available. Please note that this is a part-time, 28-hours per week position. If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please notify Human Resources in writing.
Title: Assistant to the President of MTA Benefits, Inc. (MTAB)
Designation: Non-Unit (part-time, 28 hours per week)
Reports to: President of MTA Benefits, Inc.
Major Responsibility: The Assistant to the President provides administrative and project support with minimal supervision.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Handles confidential matters related to the corporation, and its subsidiary, Educators Life Insurance Agency (ELIA), including personnel issues, collective bargaining, labor relations, compensation, corporate actions, expenses and grievances.
- Maintains familiarity with MTAB and ELIA articles of incorporation, bylaws, policies, authorities, and procedures including those of the parent organization, MTA.
- As assistant clerk of the corporation, coordinates all aspects of MTAB Board of Directors meetings and records the minutes of the MTAB Board of Directors meetings, management meetings and other meetings quickly and efficiently. Creates and assembles all board reports and materials.
- Handles special projects as assigned with minimal supervision; researches corporate historical documents and analyzes information; and prepares reports.
- Responsible for electronic document filing/scanning for President’s office and maintaining the contract management system; notifies MTAB management of important dates, renewals and deadlines.
- Maintains responsibilities with a positive, cooperative attitude.
- Answers the telephone, screens and routes calls and mail; makes travel arrangements, schedules appointments, maintains President's calendar, greets visitors, arranges conference calls with outside groups and staff, and prepares correspondence and reports on own initiative from rough draft or notes.
- Conducts research as needed on company history, policies, procedures and board meetings.
- Coordinates renewal and tracking of state and company licenses as well as MTA insurance matters.
- Adheres to company policies and procedures.
- Creates written reports requested by the President including use of information from MTA/MTAB databases.
- Responsible for maintaining MTAB board policies.
- Responsible for organizing periodic MTAB/MTA board and staff orientation.
- Oversees administration of offsite storage.
- Handles office supply purchases and leased equipment; coordinates printing and mailing projects.
- Responsible for keeping all corporate SOPs up to date.
- Assists with training of new MTAB hires and welcoming of all MTA new hires.
- Acts as liaison with MTAB board members.
- Assists with the annual budget process as requested.
- Assists the Marketing Manager with proofreading of publications.
- Knowledgable about all benefit programs; assists members when needed.
- Pays strict attention to detail in all matters requiring follow-through and/or the President's attention and alerts the President to potential problem areas.
- Collaborates with MTA, NEAMB staff, and maintains harmonious relationships with members, managers, staff, and all MTAB partners.
- Prepares expense vouchers and monthly leave reports.
- Ensures MTA Governance and Administration has MTAB reports and adheres to deadlines.
- Responsible for such other duties as needed.
EDUCATION: Associate's Degree; Bachelor's degree preferred.
ENVIRONMENT: General office setting.
QUALIFICATIONS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of recent high-level administrative experience reporting to an executive-level professional in a lead role in a dynamic environment.
- Experience in support assignments at a financial services, or other service-related organization.
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, written, organizational and recordkeeping skills; strong attention to detail and a high level of dependability.
- Ability to handle a diverse workload and multiple tasks simultaneously; must be responsive to deadlines.
- Fully proficient in common third-party software; e.g., Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access database.
- Ability to record meeting minutes quickly and efficiently.
- Willingness and ability to travel via personal transportation to meetings, including working some nights and weekends.
- Any qualifications may be waived if it is in the best interest of the corporation.
To apply for this opportunity, submit your cover letter and resume to:
MTA Human Resources
2 Heritage Drive, 8th Floor
Quincy, MA 02171-2119
The MTA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value our diverse workforce and welcome applications from minorities, women, and persons with disabilities.
Follow MTA on LinkedIn and Twitter.