Instructional Designer/Online Learning Specialist
The position of Instructional Designer/Online Learning Specialist in the division of Training and Professional Learning is currently available. If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please notify Human Resources in writing.
Title: Instructional Designer/Online Learning Specialist
Division: Division of Training and Professional Learning
Reports to: Director of Training and Professional Learning
ORGANIZATIONAL IMPACT: This position will develop professional development programs for classroom practitioners as well as programs to train union activists in the skills needed to create more powerful, engaged education associations. The specialist will also be engaged in the planning and implementation of training for MTA staff members.
- Produce programs in various media, including print and presentations, with an emphasis on programs delivered over the web.
- Working with the director and the existing Training and Professional Learning specialists, develop a strategic vision for hybrid, online and mobile learning within the association.
- Coordinate the efforts of trainers, content experts and outside vendors in the development of instructional programs.
- Advise staff and member trainers on effective instructional approaches, both online and face-to-face.
- Develop learning activities and exercises, assessments and collateral materials for instructional programs.
- Ensure that the programs and products meet applicable standards and are grounded in good adult learning theory.
- Partner and collaborate with other divisions within the organization to complete and deliver final work product.
- Master’s Degree (preferably in the fields of education, staff development, labor studies, etc.).
- Experience designing for adult audiences in continuing education programs
- Experience in all phases of the ADDIE model (Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation and Evaluation) or other instructional design systems
- Experience with blended learning
- Experience using learning management systems (LMSs)
- Able to work effectively with training staff Subject Matter Experts to move legacy materials online and add compelling and effective multimedia content
- Able to use data generated during and about trainings to evaluate the training and plan for improvement to programs
- Multimedia content producer. Able to plan, record and edit video and audio materials
- Project management experience desired
- Any qualification may be waived if it is in the best interest of the Association to do so.
To apply for this opportunity, submit your cover letter and resume to:
MTA Human Resources
2 Heritage Drive, 8th Floor
Quincy, MA 02171-2119
The MTA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value our diverse workforce and welcome applications from minorities, women, and persons with disabilities.
Follow MTA on LinkedIn and Twitter.