Improving Student Achievement through Labor-Management Collaboration and the Common Core
Sponsored by the Massachusetts Education Partnership (MEP), this conference is designed to give Massachusetts teacher labor leaders, school committee members and superintendents an opportunity to hear from scholars and policymakers on implementation of the Common Core State Standards and share their own learning and experience.
Monday October 28, 2013 from 8:30 AM to 3:00 PM EDT
Best Western Royal Plaza Hotel and Trade Center
181 Boston Post Rd West
Marlborough, MA 01752
PLENARY SESSION I:
• Mitchell D. Chester, Commissioner, Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
• Susan Moore Johnson, Jerome T. Murphy Professor of Education, Harvard Graduate School of Education
PLENARY SESSION II:
• Kathleen Skinner, Director, Center for Education Policy and Practice, Massachusetts Teachers Association
The Plenary Sessions will be followed by the following Breakout Sessions, which will be repeated after lunch:
• Tools to Support Teacher Implementation of the Common Core
• Developing and Negotiating District Determined Measures
• Innovation Schools
• Successful Collaboration at the District Level: MEP's District Capacity Project
• Interest-Based Contract Negotiations: Successes and Challenges
LUNCH SPEAKER: Peter McWalters, Independent Education Management Professional, Providence, R.I.
Districts are strongly encouraged to attend this conference as labor-management teams. We ask all attendees to individually register, however, so we have an accurate record of total participants. Interested individuals who will not be coming with a team are welcome.
To insure a seat, please register by Friday, October 18, 2013.
Get more information