CARE/Alliance for High Standards NOT High Stakes Forum and Lobby Day
February 11, 2003, 11:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m., Gardner Auditorium, The State House
Gather at 11:00 a.m. for a session on lobbying. Sponsors will provide packets and other important information to give to you representative and senator to insist that they make sure the elimination of the graduation requirement comes up in both houses and that they vote to end to use of MCAS as a graduation requirement.
Forum begins at 1 p.m. in Gardner Auditorium. Let your legislators know that it is important that they hear what is said at this forum.
Speakers are, to date:
- Dr. Ross Greene, author of The Explosive Child
- Walt Haney, testing expert from Boston College
- Frank Haydu former member of the Board of Education, businessman and former acting Commissioner of education
- Debra Meier, principal, Mission Hill Pilot School, Boston, author and renown authority on assessments
- Monte Neill, Executive Director of FairTest.
At 2:30pm the lobbying group will reconvene for those who come in the afternoon.
It is very important that you speak to you representative and senator. The ideal time for an appointment is between 11:30am and 1:00pm, but you can meet with them anytime during the day.
Please let Marilyn Segal of Citizens for Public Schools (marilyn@citizensforpublicschools) know who you have an appointment with and the time of your appointment so that we make sure that all of our reps and senators will be spoken to by a number of constituents.